ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- Aged 40 or older.
- Confirmed diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- The trial will run for approximately 52 weeks.
- Fortnightly clinic visits to the Institute for Respiratory Health at ICON Cancer Centre, Midland.
- A full health check by our doctors and nurses.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses.
This international research study will test GB44332, an investigational drug called astegolimab.
Astegolimab is a monoclonal antibody that blocks activities of interleukin-33 (IL-33), a protein that is released from airway cells in response to viral infections, allergens, irritants, and other triggers of COPD exacerbations.
In this research study, you will get either astegolimab or placebo, which you will take in addition to your usual COPD medications.
To find out if this trial is suitable for you please register below, or contact our Clinical Trials Team at email@example.com or phone 6151 0888.
Dr Dave Manners
Level 1, 6 Centennial Place Midland (within the Icon Cancer Centre)